The Walt Disney Company reported fiscal year compensation for CEO, Robert Iger, to be $65,645,214. This has raised the attention of many, including Disney heir, Abigail Disney.
Let’s look at the ownership at Disney.
- Vanguard controls 7.1% shares outstanding or $11 billion plus
- BlackRock controls 6.2% shares outstanding or $10 billion plus
- State Street Corp controls 4.0% shares outstanding or $6 billion plus
- State Farm controls 2.83% shares outstanding or $4 billion plus
- Fidelity controls 1.66% shares outstanding or $2.7 billion plus
- CALPERS, CA public employees pension has an interest of $376 mil+
All of these intermediaries represent millions of YOU that are 401k, 403b, etc., investors. CALPERS is investing on behalf of retirees. If you’re offended by this compensation, as we are, the Disney compensation committee consists of the following members:
- Maria Elena Lagomasino (chair)
- Mary Barra
- Mark G Parker
Board members can be contacted at:
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521-0931
We hope you’ll contact Disney, as well as your mutual fund manager to let them know you don’t like this. Make your voices heard!